WHO WE ARE
3Scan’s growing team of engineers, biologists and data-scientists is united by intellectual curiosity and the desire to further the progress of biology. The VCs of Silicon Valley call us “hot-pink-haired techno punks,” but we embrace all hair colors. We work hard, and we’re passionate about the potential our technology has to change the future of pathology. This year, we won the Best Places to Work Award by the Business Intelligence Group.
Our labs and offices in the Mission District are in the center of San Francisco’s booming science and tech culture: we hold regular talks on topics ranging from histology to optics to polymer physics. 3Scan holds several patents across a variety of disciplines and has trademarked the term Squishware™.
3Scan’s science is multidisciplinary and results-driven. Our values apply to our work and lives. We encourage our team in their work inside and outside the company, whether they’re publishing articles, building art, or dreaming robots.
Please note that diversity is very important to our culture and environment; we welcome all applicants.
2122 Bryant St.
San Francisco, CA 94110 [Mission district]
Senior Web Developer, Full Stack
TEAM: Software / Web Team
WORKS WITH: CTO, Software Engineers, Cross Departmentally
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a single PDF attachment that includes both a cover letter and resume. Send this to email@example.com with subject line: Front End Web Lead Applicant/[your name].
DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled.
DIVERSITY: It is very important to our culture and environment; we welcome all applicants.
Develop web-based tools to drive medical research and decision making using data from 3Scan’s laboratory automation systems. Work as part of a small, dynamic team where you can have a large impact. Projects include: laboratory asset tracking, UIs for robotic automation, data visualization, and customer-facing data browsers.
- Participate in the design of 3Scan’s web facing products
- Write clean, tested, documented, maintainable code
- Review pull requests for other team members
- Maintain and improve our front end build system and development environment
- Advance our institutional understanding of modern design patterns and technologies
- Provide sprint leadership and technical roadmap construction
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack web engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy cross departmental collaboration
- HTML & CSS
- Python or Ruby
- least one modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue.js)
- least one modern back-end framework (Django, Rails, Spark, Express)
- Modern front-end devops using Webpack or similar build tools
- WebGL, three.js, etc.
- Spark, or another JVM HTTP framework
- Technical leadership, or management of small teams
Thank you in advance for your interest in 3Scan. Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted.