Who We Are
For more information, see our Mission and History pages.
Senior Software Developer / Acquisition Team Lead
You will direct the acquisition of tera-voxels per day of imagery data for science and profit. You must have a strong background in the interaction between hardware and software systems, and know what makes microcontrollers tick. You must be unafraid of robotics hardware and distributed computing.
The system you’ll be in charge of:
- A local compute cluster that compresses, tiles, and displays imagery
- Robotic Motion control, image acquisition, and custom microcontroller boards
- Machine operator facing web UI’s with tile-based imagery display.
Relevant Experience in:
- Python3/Java programming languages
- Meteor Framework
- NOSQL databases
- AWS Ecosystem (DynamoDB + S3 + EC2 Especially)
- Arduino & Serial protocols
- Kafka/Spark/Storm or other MR/Pipeline Tools
We are seeking a data scientist with expertise in image processing and machine learning. The candidate should be comfortable working with existing and developing novel algorithms for analysis, quantification, and processing of image data.
- develop algorithms for analysis of large (TB+) microscopy image-volumes
- apply ML approaches to problems such as image classification and segmentation
- optimize and parallelize existing and novel algorithms for high-throughput processing
- provide validation and testing for algorithm correctness and accuracy
- maintain, support, and improve existing data processing pipelines
- image processing, scientific computing
- machine learning (supervised and unsupervised methods)
- Python, Java or C++
- working knowledge of UNIX
- good communication skills
- self-motivated, resourceful and a quick learner
- 3+ years of industry experience
- biomedical image processing
- deep learning (Tensorflow, Theano, etc)
- comfortable working in a highly distributed environment (ex. AWS)
- GPU, parallel computing
- test-driven development
- PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, bioinformtics, biophysics, statistics, or other physical sciences
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
3Scan is looking for a Pipeline Engineer to help build its visualization pipeline. The visualization pipeline combines software and techniques used in the Visual Effects industry with elements of the field of data science, such as computer vision and artificial intelligence. These tools and techniques are used to generate compelling visuals of 3D imagery collected by our microscopes, train machine learning models in detecting tissue and conduct high level scientific investigations into data in concert with our resident pathologist.
An engineer is responsible for:
- Supporting and maintaining Nerve, our in-house project management framework.
- Integrating Nerve into FTrack via its Python API and supporting both
- Developing and maintaining our in-house render farm, hosted on AWS.
- Improving pipeline IO, in terms of code and design.
- Tuning overall pipeline design.
- 5+ years Python programming experience.
- 2+ years work with render farms in visual effects or related industries.
- Development in Git and Github.
- Familiar with a BASH command line environment.
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Self directed, able to efficiently schedule one’s self.
- Good at problem solving, particularly debugging IO related problems.
- Keeps good documentation (Sphinx and Google Docs).
- Experience in developing pipeline’s for VFX.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Devops experience
- Operating systems
- Ubuntu 16.04
- OS X
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developer Tooling Engineer
Do you like robots? Do you have strong opinions about docker? Then we’ve got a job for you!
At 3Scan, we need help with our developer tooling:
- solidifying release engineering
- creating a hardware integration test suite for our combination machine-tool/medical-imaging robots
- developing debugging tools for our distributed volumetric data processing
- optimizing our CI
In particular, we’re seeking a skilled generalist software engineer who’s interested in developer tooling; in other words, the kind of person who automates themselves out of a job over and over again.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- UX design experience
- strong communication skills and ability to collaborate
- experience designing and building interactive applications for web and/or mobile
- Python, Django
- experience building apps that make heavy use of image data (think google maps)
- backend web stuff… servers, services, and databases
- product management experience
(*Recruiters are encouraged to mention “Tardigrades” in initial email correspondence to indicate that they have read our job postings.)