Who We Are
For more information, see our Mission and History pages.
We are seeking a data scientist with expertise in image processing and machine learning. The candidate should be comfortable working with existing and developing novel algorithms for analysis, quantification, and processing of image data.
- develop algorithms for analysis of large (TB+) microscopy image-volumes
- apply ML approaches to problems such as image classification and segmentation
- optimize and parallelize existing and novel algorithms for high-throughput processing
- provide validation and testing for algorithm correctness and accuracy
- maintain, support, and improve existing data processing pipelines
- image processing, scientific computing
- machine learning (supervised and unsupervised methods)
- Python, Java or C++
- working knowledge of UNIX
- good communication skills
- self-motivated, resourceful and a quick learner
- 3+ years of industry experience
- biomedical image processing
- deep learning (Tensorflow, Theano, etc)
- comfortable working in a highly distributed environment (ex. AWS)
- GPU, parallel computing
- test-driven development
- PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, bioinformtics, biophysics, statistics, or other physical sciences
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developer Tooling Engineer
Do you like robots? Do you have strong opinions about docker? Then we’ve got a job for you!
At 3Scan, we need help with our developer tooling:
- solidifying release engineering
- creating a hardware integration test suite for our combination machine-tool/medical-imaging robots
- developing debugging tools for our distributed volumetric data processing
- optimizing our CI
In particular, we’re seeking a skilled generalist software engineer who’s interested in developer tooling; in other words, the kind of person who automates themselves out of a job over and over again.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- UX design experience
- strong communication skills and ability to collaborate
- experience designing and building interactive applications for web and/or mobile
- Python, Django
- experience building apps that make heavy use of image data (think google maps)
- backend web stuff… servers, services, and databases
- product management experience
Role focuses on maintenance and repair of microscopes and supporting hardware. Growth into finding and engineering permanent fixes to help streamline the entire sample flow, from tissue processing through sectioning and imaging. Skills in general fabrication, general electronics, microcontroller programming, mechanical assembly and system debugging. 1-3yrs experience suggested.
(*Recruiters are encouraged to mention “Tardigrades” in initial email correspondence to indicate that they have read our job postings.)